The submission deadline for the two-day symposium organized by Alexa Alfer and Cornelia Zwischenberger, held 6-7 July 2023 in London, UK, has been extended.
The symposium will be held at the University of Westminster, London, UK and is devoted to explorations of the concept of labour arising from Translab’s hallmark blending of ‘translation’ and ‘collaboration’.
To explore translation from the vantage point of labour and work, we invite paper proposals addressing the labour of translation and interpreting in both theory and practice, and in, among others, the following contexts, either separately or jointly where these overlap:
- Translation and interpreting as labour, work, and action
- flows of translational capital and value accumulation in professional and non-professional contexts
- translation and interpreting as digital labour
- translation and interpreting as (im)material labour
- translation and interpreting as fan labour
- translation and interpreting as affective labour and/or emotional labour
- narratives of translational labour/work and their effect(s) on the interests and status of translators and other stakeholders.
The extended submission deadline is the 18th of April.
Further information: https://transcultcom.univie.ac.at/news-and-events/news-detail/news/call-for-papers-translab4-translation-and-labour/?tx_news_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=News&tx_news_pi1%5Baction%5D=detail&cHash=2490ce868d3759425a248d669c0879cd